The springs in the VGS are located in the seal gland and are not subjected to centrifugal forces permitting operation on high PV applications. The stationary design eliminates seal face misalignment and is ideal in pulp & paper, chemical processing, wastewater treatment, and wherever high speed applications are found.
The narrow cross-section allows for installation on stuffing boxes with minimal radial space without requiring modifications. This includes small ANSI pumps with 5/16” radial space.
Internal balancing provides for operation in higher pressures and reduces hydraulic loads providing for cooler operation and extended reliability. The balance feature also reduces power consumption.
Isolated Multiple Springs
Multiple springs provide even mechanical loads for cooler operation and are isolated to prevent clogging from process fluids containing suspended solids.
- Standard metal parts and set screws: 316 SS
- Standard springs: Hastelloy®
- Standard: High quality chemical grade carbon-graphite, solid
- nickel bound tungsten carbide, silicon carbide, and ceramic
- Standard: Viton®, EPR and Aflas™
- Optional: Perfluorinated Elastomers
- Pressure: To 350 psig (24 bar g)
- Temperature: 32° to 400°F (0° to 205°C)
- Speeds: 7500 fpm (38 m/s)